Table of Contents
Do you also have several skin problems? Have you felt trouble with acne and fine lines? Do you want to get rid of stretch marks, wrinkles, and other skin problems? Are you aware of the best skin treatment? Read this article and know more details about microneedling.
What is Exactly Microneedling?
With the growth of technology, the way of skin treatment is also changing day by day. On a serious note, skin problems are gradually increasing.
There are several methods available for the treatment of skin. But, most of them are not successful. That’s why; microneedling comes into existence. It is a kind of cosmetic treatment that helps to cure several skin problems.
For 20 years, this treatment has been performed by experts. Also, human beings are getting positive outcomes through this method. With the development of equipment and techniques, microneedling comes with several skin-care practices. Sometimes, microneedling is also called “collagen induction therapy” or “skin needling” or “Percutaneous collagen induction”.
Most of the experts called this method microneedling. For every type of skin issue, this method is best and effective. It will help you to enhance the look of your skin and make you fresh forever. Hence, it can also cure numerous skin problems.
For example, acne scars, fine lines, enlarged pores, wrinkles, lost elasticity, stretch marks, sunspots, hyper pigmentation, and so on. Apart from these skin issues, you can also get rid of uneven skin tones and textures. In such a situation, microneedling is an outstanding way to treat these skin problems. Also, the working procedure is amazing and effective.
In most cases, this method is performed at the office of the doctor. However, you may also avail of the treatment at home without any problem. In this regard, you should contact your nearby surgeon or doctor. He/she will provide better guidance in this context.
What is the Working Procedure of Microneedling?
Before adopting this skin treatment, it is essential to know the working procedure first. Microneedling starts to puncture the skin through small needles. In other words, it starts by puncturing the skin with the help of tiny needles.
However, if this treatment is performed at the office of a dermatologist, the treatment may be different. In such a case, your skin will be numbed before starting the treatment.
In this way, you will feel less pain and discomfort. Afterward, a derma roller (penlike tool) is inserted in small stainless-steel needles.
Then, it is injected into the skin for further punctures or micro-injuries. Sometimes, this treatment may be painful or painless. It depends upon the right procedure of microneedling. After puncturing, the skin starts to heal itself to enhance the production of collagen.
However, the damage caused by needles will be repaired by providing elastin and collagen to the skin. Also, it helps to regulate your body to heal the skin.
Many people think that microneedling is a lengthy process or it may take lots of hours. But, it is not true! According to the study, the treatment (microneedling) will take only 10 to 20 minutes. If you are getting topical anesthesia, the time can be increased as per your health situation.
Otherwise, treatment will be done within 20 minutes without any complications. According to the study, multiple sessions are required to complete the treatment.
First of all, the needles will be injected deeper inside the skin at every session. In this way, your skin will be thicker. That’s why; more than one or two or three sessions are required to complete the skin treatment.
What are the Skin Benefits of Microneedling?
- The primary benefit is the increment of collagen production. Through collagen, it becomes easy to deal with wrinkles.
- The collagen level starts to decline with the growing age. But, microneedling helps to increase the production of collagen in the body.
- It also helps to make your skin younger and brighter. In other words, you will also notice rapid changes in just a few days.
- After the final session of microneedling, you may get outstanding outcomes. You will get improvements to the fine lines in a short period.
- The texture of the skin becomes more smooth and clear by adopting this treatment. Also, it keeps your skin away from wrinkles.
- If you want to improve the elasticity of the skin, microneedling is the best treatment.
- Needles help to break down the hard scar tissues and motivate them to rebuild. In this way, it can easily cure acne scarring problems.
- According to the study, almost every person saw positive and effective results after two months of microneedling.
- Some studies also say that this method is best to decrease the visibility of stretch marks. In other words, it is the best way to reduce stretch marks.
When You Will Get Results from Microneedling?
Before obtaining any treatment, everyone wants to know the expected results first. In the same manner, microneedling includes multiple sessions and human beings want to know the expected results. Here are some important points in this regard:
- According to the study, you will start to notice the results instantly. Microneedling is an immediate treatment that takes time between 10 to 20 minutes.
- For the first two weeks, you will get a brighter and glossy skin texture during the treatment. It also makes your skin plump and younger.
- Sometimes, it may take 6 to 8 weeks to provide the best results on the skin. The skin problems will start to invisible in a few weeks.
- After the increment of collagen level in the body, skin problems start to decrease instantly. It is the best way to tackle numerous skin problems.
- As we discussed above, microneedling procedure includes multiple sessions. Some people may get effective results in one session.
- While some people may have to go through more than one session. However, everyone has different types of skin. As a result, the duration of treatment will depend upon the type of your skin.
- If you have fine lines and wrinkles, it may take two sessions in a year. Only two sessions are enough to deal with these problems.
- On the other hand, if you are facing burns or stretch marks problems, this may take around 5 sessions of microneedling.
Which Areas will be targeted during Microneedling Procedure?
- Unbalance skin tone – It mainly focuses on the unbalance tone of the skin. It is important to enhance the brightness and elasticity of the skin.
- Wrinkles & fine lines – Additionally, this treatment deals with wrinkles and fine lines. Both of these problems are increasing day by day.
- Less elasticity of skin – Through increment of collagen production, this treatment helps to enhance the elasticity of the skin.
- Sunspots – Microneedling procedure helps to deal with sunspots easily.
- Open pores – Most people are facing open pores in their daily life. Hence, this treatment helps to fill up the open pores effectively.
- Scars from acne – If you are facing an acne problem, microneedling are best for you. This procedure will completely remove acne problems.
- Stretch marks – Through this method, you can also deal with stretch marks effectively. That’s why; people like to go through this method for several skin problems.
Are There any Side Effects of Microneedling?
Like other cosmetic procedures, microneedling may also include some risks or side effects. Sometimes, people may have to face minor skin irritation after the treatment. However, this irritation is quite normal for everyone. Also, you may have to face little redness on the skin.
The redness is because of the puncture of the skin. But, you should consult with your doctor in such a situation. If you are experiencing other side effects like peeling, infection, bruising, and bleeding, make sure to talk to your doctor immediately. Here are some conditions in which you should not consider microneedling:
- Pregnancy – If any lady is pregnant, this method is not suitable for her. First of all, complete the pregnancy history and then think about this method.
- Skin scar history – In case of skin scar history, make sure not to undergo through microneedling procedure. In such a situation, the consultation of a doctor is essential for the people.
- Skin diseases – Many times, people have to face several skin disorders. If you are one of them, don’t go through this procedure. It may be harmful to your skin.
- Previous chemotherapy – Any person, if undergone chemotherapy recently, must stay away from microneedling procedure. In such a situation, it will be better to discuss it with your physician or expert.
- Open wounds – This procedure is also not suitable for open wounds. If you have any open wounds, it is essential not to go through microneeedling.
Last Words on Microneedling Procedure
Today, skin problems are gaining rapidly. Most people are facing several skin disorders in their life. But, other cosmetic treatments are not effective and provide better outcomes. That’s why; people have deep faith in the microneedling procedure. This procedure can be done at home or the doctor’s office. If you also want to cure skin problems immediately, it is better to adopt this method. Otherwise, you may have to live with skin issues for a lifetime.