In the whole world, milk is one of the most popular choices for several people. It is an essential part of daily dietary plans. But, many people are not able to digest milk properly. Due to the availability of high fat composition and lactose sugar, sometimes it becomes difficult to digest it properly. In such a situation, you can choose non-dietary options for your health. You can find out several products in the market but skimmed milk powder is the best among them. One of the biggest advantages is that it is enriched with protein but low in fat. As a result, it never affects your health.
If you cut down the fat, it doesn’t mean that you are compromising with nutrition. Skimmed milk powder is free from fat but it contains all necessary nutrition for the body. It mainly includes calcium (to make your bones strong) and protein (to enhance the development f muscles). If you want to adjust the calories count with lighter-tasting milk, skimmed milk powder is an excellent choice. Usually, this milk powder is mainly used for fresh milk. Also, the manufacturer produces several types of food products with this powder. Some people think that SMP is not healthy and nutritional like normal fresh milk. But, it’s not true!
Skimmed Milk Powder is Healthy or Not?
It is a major question asked by thousands of people. First of all, the SMP is one of the best sources of the essential nutrition that your body requires every day. Here are some important points that will clarify your doubts:
- Generally, SMP also includes essential nutrition same as regular fresh milk. This milk powder includes necessary nutrients for bone development like calcium, protein, vitamin A, and vitamin D.
- Compared to regular milk, skimmed milk powder contains high protein content. According to the study, SMP helps to develop muscles quickly in comparison to regular fresh milk.
- Undoubtedly, SMP is the best source of protein. You can easily include this beverage in your recipes. In this way, you can gain the quantity of protein content. If your body needs extra protein, this milk powder is more beneficial for you.
- As we mentioned above, SMP includes low-fat. It means this milk powder includes amino acids that help to maintain and build lean muscles.
What can You Do with Skimmed Milk Powder?
Generally, you can do many things with SMP in your daily routine. First of all, it is a milk powder which you can add to your beverages. In this way, you can add a distinctive flavor to your meal. Here are 5 things that you can consider with SMP:
- You can use this milk powder in making baking goods.
- Mix the dry items like pancakes, biscuits, waffles, hot chocolate, loaves, or muffins. Afterward, change the fresh milk with skimmed milk powder. Make sure to add water to the wet ingredients if you are ready to bake.
- Tip – It is better to change half of the above flour with whole wheat flour while mixing. In this way, you can add more healthy nutrients to your meal.
- Lastly, you can cook with SMP milk powder.
However, you can also use SMP in the place of regular fresh milk in your recipes like as:
- Fresh quiche and toast, or in beverages.
- Cheese, macaroni, rice pudding, bread pudding, and milk-based sauces.
- Canned (homemade) low sodium soups, oatmeal, 7-grain hot cereal, and cream of wheat.
- Scalloped mashed potato, milk drinks, and milk chocolate.
- If you mix SMP with water, it will look like regular milk. You can use them to make smoothies, milkshakes, and additional milk items.
2 Most Important Benefits of SMP
Increase the Nutritional Content in every Beverage
If you want to add extra protein and vitamins, make sure to add a spoon of skimmed milk powder into the recipes. In this way, you can avail extra nutrition in the beverages. However, you can try it in the following beverages:
- Chowders or vegetable soups
- Lasagna and pasta sauce
You can carry it conveniently
Skimmed milk powder is best to use 3 months after opening. Also, you can carry it everywhere where you want. Make sure to keep this milk powder in a cool and dry place. It will keep the powder fresh all the time.
From the above facts, it is clear that skimmed milk powder is not a bad thing. However, it comes along with several health advantages. For several people, SMP is known as the best and more beneficial in comparison to regular milk.